Accommodation & Travel
ACCOMMODATION AND TRAVEL
We look forward to welcoming you to SROC at Northumbria University.
The 2017 conference will be held at Northumbria University. Accommodation for the conference will be split between two hotels in the City.
Premier Inn, New Bridge Street
The hotel is on the eastern edge of the city centre, and very close to the conference venue at City Campus East. It is about a 20 minute walk from the train station and a 5 minute walk from the University. Transport will be available between the hotel and the conference dinner venue only. www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/tyne-and-wear/newcastle/newcastle-city-centre-new-bridge-street.html
Premier Inn, Quayside
The hotel is on the southern edge of the city centre, on the Quayside. It is about a 15 minute walk from the train station and 20 minute walk from the University. Transport will be available between the hotel and conference dinner venue only. www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/tyne-and-wear/newcastle/newcastle-quayside.html
When we have confirmed your booking, we will allocate you to a hotel depending on room availability. As far as possible we will place colleagues from the same university in the same hotel.
If you have any mobility issues or are unable to walk up hill please advise us upon booking as you will need to stay at the Premier Inn New Bridge Street.
We recommend that you travel to Newcastle by rail or air as neither hotel has significant car parking facilities, although there are nearby car parks for which you will have to pay extra.
Arrival and registration for the conference
- You may register for the conference from 2.00pm at the conference venue at City Campus East
- If you are arriving later on the Monday, please let us know in advance and then, upon arrival, make yourself known to one of the conference team.
- On Tuesday, a conference desk will be available in the main conference venue from 9am until 5pm.
- The conference hub will be on the University City Campus East – building 17 on the University map, which is available at www.northumbria.ac.uk/media/738539/citycampus_map.pdf
- The conference desk, exhibition and day time refreshments will also be housed as above.
- No parking is available on the University campus, but commercial car parks are available nearby. See www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/wwwfileroot/parking-roads-and-transport/parking/parking_charges_off_street_22.08.16.pdf and www.newcastle.com/sites/default/files/wwwimageroot/Parking%20Map_Page_1_small.jpg for more information.
- For enquiries before or during the conference, please contact mailto: email@example.com