SROC 2018 will be held at The University of Hull between 26-28 March 2018
We look forward to welcoming you to SROC at The University of Hull. The University is very proud to host the 32nd Student Record Officers Conference in 2018, this is the second time we have hosted, the first time being the 2nd conference in 1987. Our aim is to offer an engaging and exciting event. We hope you enjoy our newly refurbished facilities, carefully chosen speakers, workshop topics and social event, will make the 2018 SROC conference a valuable and enjoyable experience.
Local Organizing Committee
- The University of Hull Registry Services team is arranging the conference.
- For enquiries before and during the conference, please contact email@example.com (Rebecca Dennison, Head of Customer Service and Administration is the main contact)
- We prefer email enquiries, but in an emergency please contact 01482 466116. (International +44 1482 466116)
- For information on travelling to the University of Hull campus please see: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/Choose-Hull/Study-at-Hull/Our-campus/Our-campus.aspx
- We recommend you travel by train as transport will be provided during the conference between the hotel and the university (please note this is not on arrival on 26th March 2018 please see below for details on how to get to the campus), if you wish to bring your car the conference hotels do have available parking however the parking is charged at £7 per 24 hours and is not included in the conference fee.
- The conference hub will be in the Canham Turner Building – building 10 on the University campus map, which is available at:-
- Getting to the campus on arrival. The campus is situated 3 miles from the centre of Hull and easily accessible by bus or taxi. The bus station is in the train station and a black cab taxi rank is located at the entrance.
- Use bus routes 105 or 103 the bus stop is at the entrance to the university
- If you would like to pre book your taxi we recommend Hull Cars 01482 828282 https://hull-cars.com/
- We encourage you not to bring your car to campus as transport from the campus to the hotels is available for all conference attendees. Some visitor parking is available on the University campus however you will need a permit. For details on obtaining a permit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the Conference
- We will be registering delegates at the conference hub in Canham Turner the Kingsley Suite, from 2.00pm on Monday 26th March 2017.
- If you are arriving later on the Monday, please let us know in advance and then, upon arrival, make yourself known to one of the conference team; otherwise you can register on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday, a conference helpdesk will be available in the main conference venue (Canham Turner) from 9am until 5pm.
If you have mobile devices:
- All hotels have free Wi-fi available.
- Visitor Wi-fi is available throughout the main University campus. Further details on how to access this will be available in your delegates pack. If your device is logged into Eduroam prior to arrival you will be connected automatically. If you also need access to a PC whilst on campus:
- The conference helpdesk will have ipads available for emergency use.
Your Personal SROC Account (PSA)
Once you have registered, you will be allocated an account area which will hold your personalised conference programme. This means that you can now receive your programme as an electronic file. The electronic file can then be loaded onto your smart phone or tablet or to your work diary and then synched to your mobile.
When registering to attend the conference, you will be prompted to create a Password. This combined with your email address (ID) will allow you to sign-in to the PSA area, accessing a folder holding your personalised conference programme. Your invoice will be stored in your PSA – please make sure you keep a copy of your invoice and/or send it to your finance teams for payment. At the end of the conference, this account will be closed and emptied.
Conference App (Guidebook)
We’re excited to announce we have a brand new mobile guide for you to use on Guidebook. Get the guide to access up-to-date information about the conference, including schedules, maps, and much more. Get our guide here: https://guidebook.com/g/sroc18. You’ll need to download the Guidebook app if you don’t already have it and enter the passphrase ‘sroc18’.
Special diets can be catered for. Please inform us of your needs using the conference booking form. Additional queries can be sent to email@example.com
Monday evening social - brought to you in association with Achievability
On Monday evening you will experience a traditional Yorkshire welcome as we will be serving award winning Hull Pie. A pie and pea supper will be held in Sanc., Student Central (part of Hull University Students’ Union). This is building 47 on the University map, available at
After the meal there will be a quiz hosted by the Hull University Union - HUU.
The Conference dinner and disco will be held at The Deep Hull’s famous submarium located in the City Centre. More information about the location can be found at www.thedeep.co.uk. Transport will be provided.
Follow us on Twitter
You can follow updates and announcements on our twitter @sroc_he. This year’s hashtag is #sroc18
Retail Catering Outlets & Bars
- Alcohol is served in the Student Union Bars in Student Central (building 47 on the University map).
- There is a Spar shop located in Student Central (building 47 on the University map).
Emergency Services and Fire Procedures
In the event of an emergency or fire follow the instructions provided by University of Hull staff.
Delegates should adhere to the Hotel’s emergency evacuation protocol when in their accommodation.
Medical Assistance or other emergencies:
- Whilst on campus, visitors in need of emergency assistance should contact the conference team in the first instance.